Friday, July 3, 2009

Oquirrh Temple

For those of you who know me well, I am sure this post is a bit of a surprise. No, I have not converted but that doesn't mean I am not interested in the Utah culture. My friend, Kali, was visiting Utah and invited me to the Oquirrh Temple open house w/her and her family. I decided to take her up on the offer, to visit with her but also to appease my interest in what the inside of a temple holds. It was an interesting experience, and I was luck to go w/Kali who gave me a more detailed tour than I would have received walking through myself. It was a beautiful building, and I had a wonderful visit with my friends! Enjoy the pictures.

Oquirrh Temple


The view of the Salt Lake Valley


Taylor, Kenzi, Kali, Brooke and myself


Kali and myself

4 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

You beat me to the punch!!! I am so glad you came with us and that we got to spend some time with you. It was good to see you. Hopefully we can see you again soon!

Courtney said...

So glad you got to go with Kali to the open house. It is a beautiful building. What a good day to spend with friends.

Alicia said...

Hey! I bet it was so fun to see Kali. It looks like a beautiful temple. I had no idea the open house was going on - thanks for the post. I'm glad you had a good time!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Psh, whatev Lynda, we'll convert you yet, haha!! ;) What gorgeous pics and I'm glad you got to hang out with Kali, I'm totally sad I missed the par-tay!!! :) You two rock!!!!!!!!!!!