Friday, December 10, 2010

Navy Commissioning

Well, this post is about a month late. Ron went down to Denver on November 7 and was commissioned into the United States Navy as an Ensign. It was both an exciting and somewhat frightening day. We are so happy that Ron has decided to serve his country as a doctor and even happier that they will be paying for his schooling! On the other hand, this is a HUGE commitment and he will be required to serve for four years.

Here is a picture of us, after Ron is sworn in. My camera battery was completely dead when I pulled it out of my purse for pictures that day. Thankfully, they have a camera on hand for such events (hence, the reason for the late posting). I have also included a picture of the beautiful plaque they awarded Ron.

4 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Very cool Lynda and Ron! Way to go!

abshire said...

Oddly enough, when I pulled my camera out of my purse at Ben's AF commissioning, my battery was totally dead too. How funny. I still haven't gotten the pictures from my parents yet, it's been more than a year and a half. Tell Ron "Congrats!"

Courtney said...

Congrats you guys! This will be a very exciting adventure for yoU!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, what a huge leap!!! That is so awesome!!! Good luck, that will be a fun journey for you both!