Friday, May 29, 2015

Charleston

So, in May, we decided to make a trip down to Charleston, SC to visit my aunt and do a little site seeing.  We left on Thursday, May 21, our 11th wedding anniversary!  So, I would consider this vacation multi-tasking!  We had a lovely time!

Our first day there, my aunt recommended a lovely beach where we played in the water, ate sand in our sandwiches (ha ha ha) and spent some quality time together.  That evening we met my aunt for dinner.  It was the first time I had seen her since our wedding, 11 years prior.  It was a lone awaited reunion and I very much enjoyed visiting w/her!





Second day was jammed packed.  We first went to the South Carolina Aquarium, which I had visited 15 years ago when it first opened.  I had spent my first college Christmas break in Charleston, visiting this same aunt.  I enjoyed the aquarium as much this visit as the first.  Aidan also had a blast!











Later that afternoon Ron, Aidan and I took the boat out to Fort Sumter.  It was very wind that day, making a very cool and windy boat ride over.  But it was my first ever boat ride (and Aidan's too)!  So much fun looking and learning about American history.








Finally, Sunday, my aunt joined us on our adventure to Magnolia Plantation (actually located less than 10 min from her home).   The grounds were absolutely stunning!  So much vegetation.  We took a train ride (Aidan's favorite part) where we saw a lot of wildlife (including many napping gators)!  We were so sad to say good-bye to my aunt, but what amazing memories we went home with!

















No comments: