Tuesday, October 8, 2013

First Montana Trip

Our plane trip to Bozeman, MT was TERRIBLE! It started out fine and Aidan was even being a good boy but when we arrived at the Bozeman airport, we ended up circling for about an hour as a private plane had crash landed on the ONE landing strip. Ugh. Once we finished circling the captain (who was very funny and stayed in great spirits) told us we would have to fly to Billings, gas up and then fly back to Bozeman. This ended up being about 30 min in the hour and about an hour (give or take) waiting on the group and then another 30 minutes back to Bozeman. My poor parents sat and patiently waited for hours at the airport for us.
Montana in September ended up being quite pleasant. We did have a day or two of snow, but overall it was warm enough that we spent many days playing kickball or pulling the wagon in the backyard. We also went for many walks where Aidan was introduced to the neighborhood horses. We also made good use of the playground at our church! We had a couple trips out of town that always ended at a local park (no matter how cold it was).
We had the opportunity to do some "site seeing" while home. We didn't feel like paying to tour the Old Prison, maybe we'll take Aidan another time when he can appreciate it. But we did take him to see some of the old trains on display (he loves trains) and then to Grant Kohrs Ranch where we walked around and enjoyed all the wild animals.
My parents really wanted to take the opportunity to take Aidan to a carousel (or two)! We took trips to Missoula, where Aidan and I rode an older (and kinda scary) carousel I rode as a child and then to Helena where we rode a newer carousel. Aidan LOVED it. He would cry every time he had to get off.
Aidan enjoyed his time with both Grandma & Grandpa. He spent his time with Grandpa reading books, playing with Grandpa's train (I grew up enjoying this train under the Christmas tree), playing legos and blocks and cleaning the house every week!
Grandma time was spent reading books, several library visits, playing playdo (which we made) and painting!
Aidan and I very much enjoyed our time in Montana. My very close friend from high school, Joana, was able to make the trip up and visit Aidan & I. I was so happy to introduce her to my little tornado! She always brings a smile to my face. My parents even gave us the opportunity to spend the day up at Fairmont (a hot springs resort) enjoying the warm water and some girl time! My Aunt Carol was also able to make the trip down from Lewistown to meet Aidan for the first time. We had a wonderful time at the park, going for a walk and of course book reading. I was so happy she was able to visit! I am so thankful to have the opportunity to spend a month with my family!
Aidan enjoyed his time too and looks forward to more visits this summer for graduation!

No comments: