Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer Fun

This summer was a little different. As soon as Ron finished school (actually a few days before the official end of class) he left for ODS (Officer Development School) in Newport, Rhode Island. I will see if I can get a few pictures off his phone and post them for your viewing pleasure. So, while he was gone my parents came up for about a week to keep me company. We went up to Winter Park where The Moffat Tunnel resides. My great grandfather (on my mother's side) helped build this tunnel, so my mom wanted to go check it out. Apparently my mother has a picture of my grandma and her father standing at the mouth of the tunnel as it was being built. So this is a big part of our family history.
While there, we decided to enjoy some of the gorgeous scenery!
We then decided to take a detour and drive through the Eisenhower Tunnel. We just wanted to say we did it! ;-)

Finally, I got to enjoy Father's Day with my daddy...which has been a long time coming. I had such a wonderful visit with them. I am so glad they were able to make it up!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

It is always the best when family comes to visit. That is so cool your grandfather helped build that tunnel. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer. Does Ron have to go away for anymore training soon?

Hoenes Family said...

That is so cool that you have family history behind the Moffat tunnel! So fun to have your parents there!

Greg and Nancy said...

It looks like you had a good time! I glad your parents were able to come visit you.